Phone Photography?

I have always loved anything that involved using my creativity. This includes a lot of things. I loved art class, drawing in my free time, and painting. Something that I kind of just started is photography.

I got a new doll, so I took a picture. It is bad quality and blurry.
The reason why I say that I just kind of started is because I use to take a lot of photos while I was younger. These photos were just for fun though. My parents got a new camera, so they decided to give me the old one to take some pictures on if I wanted to. Lets just say I was not the best photographer, and you for sure would not hire me. Almost all the photos came out blurry because I was just so shaky. I took pictures on our vacation, but also of just of random things at holidays or around my house. I was just doing it for fun, and didn't really get into it.

One thing that really made me get into photography was a YouTube channel that I watched. These videos were photography contests. You may be surprised that a little kid liked watching this, but the reason why I liked it so much was that they were American Girl Doll photos. Lets just say that at that time, I was absolutely obsessed with AG dolls. I had so many dolls and accessories. I never got into doing AG doll shoots because I did not really have the resources for it, and I did not have the skill to be able to take those pictures.
This picture is one of my recent posts on instagram. 

Now what I like to do is take pictures of nature. This is a lot easier task to handle because nature does not fall over when you want it to stand on its own. You can check out some of these photos that I have taken on instagram. My account is @alainnblog.

I am still no professional, but I have gotten better. These nature photos are not as shaky or random. I take these photos on my phone, and I have little to no photo editing experience. I will tell you more about how I edit my photos in an upcoming post.

I have tried to learn how to edit my photos and I have gotten better at it over the time. I have learned what I have from watching editing videos, but most of them are not the most helpful. I have found that most of the ones that I come across are people promoting their presets that you can buy. I do not want to buy these presets because I want to be able to edit the photos in my own style.

I think that what I have learned and you should take from this is that we do not have to be professionals at photography if we want to take pictures, edit them, and post them. We should just have fun with what we like to do. I think that a lot of people get trapped in this social media world where we feel that our pictures or posts need to be perfect. This is terrible because so many amazing pictures or things that could have been said are not posted to the internet. I enjoy taking pictures and editing them, and I try to get better at it because I also like to give my all to whatever I do. Comment down below if there is anything that you do just because you enjoy doing it.

Katie 📸

Comments

Popular Posts