What to do with antique bottles?



I have been redecorating my room, and decided that I would share with you some of the things that I do in my room. As I said this blog will contain many different types of posts, so look out for more beautiful posts to come.

My style that I am going for in my room is a beach cottage theme. I do not live by a beach, but I love this style. Beach cottage is a rustic style, but with beach themed items. I know that this is not everyone's style, but you can take this idea and change it for the style that you like.

The other day I went to the store with my mom because she needed something. We went to a craft store. This store also had great fake flowers and home decor items. I ended up seeing these very cute antique bottles. They were blue, one dark and one lighter. I thought that the colors went perfect with my room. 

My wheels started to turn when I saw the bottles because I knew that I could do something really cute with them. I thought that I could fill the bottles with something. I thought that I could put some shells in them, but then I noticed that the opening in the bottle was way too small to fit shells in. 

The next thing that could fit the theme and the opening of the bottle was sand. We actually had sand left over from a school project, so I was able to fill them right when I got home. I did not want to fill them all the way because I liked having some of the glass exposed. After filling the bottles with the sand, I shook the bottle to get some of the sand stuck on the sides. I thought that this sand just gave the glasses a more rustic look.

Let me know if you guys ever try to do something like this, and tag me in the photos so I can see all the cool takes that you had on this. I hope that you guys like this decor idea and look out for more posts like this because I love home decor and want to be an interior designer.

Katie ⏳

Comments

Popular Posts